sync issuesSupport

1. ladywing

ladywing New Member

trying to sync my husband's Aria for the 1st time so we can update the OS. I loaded the sync software to my PC (actually my work PC since I'm a Mac at home). PC did not see the phone when connected via USB - had it set to check/verify how the phone should act when connected and it does not ask. Set it to sync - PC doesn't see it. Set it to external drive - PC doesn't see it. Tried same on my Mac as a drive - Mac doesn't see it. Tried a friend's personal PC on sync & drive & it doesn't see it either.

I'm at my wits end on this. Looking for idea on what I am missing - or is the Aria "missing" something?

Advertisement
  2. digit

digit New Member

Go to HTC and download the Users manual .pdf
    http://www.htc.com/us/support/aria-att/downloads/

Check to be sure you haven't missed any steps. Try reinstalling the Sync software and reboot comp.

Do you have a 2nd usb cable to verify it's not the cable? Will PC charge the phone?

Did Sync ever identify the phone? Maybe it's the phones mini port. See your carrier.

If you have already clicked to begin the update (but not advanced more than 1 or 2 steps), Sync won't see any link because the phone and update interact much deeper than sync. Verify that they talk before opening update.

Hope that helps. A place to start anyway. Best of luck.