• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sync Mac Entourage/Calendar/Contacts to Droid

Not sure about Entourage (used to use it, no use Apple Mail) but if you get the contacts into Address Book, you can sync that and iCal using Spanning Sync. In theory, you should need no 3rd party app as both iCal and Address Book are supposed to, via preferences, sync to Google but I couldn’t get the sync to work reliably and others here suggested Spanning Sync. Great tech support and works like a charm.

If you can find something to sync Entourage to iCal and Address Book, you’re done.

Upvote 0
Entourage syncs great, and for what it is worth, I like Entourage a lot is contrast to the earlier comment. I sync via Exchange Active Sync over the air. I am very happy with Android and the Droid and it works great with the Mac. As to Syncing Music, I am using Salling Sync which also works great to sync iTunes music and podcasts.

Upvote 0
This is done by ActiveSync which you have on the phone. However, you must have email, contacts hosted on a Microsoft Exchange Server. If you have a regular POP email account you can't do it.

Most people with Exchange Server accounts either have it because their employer does it, or they sign up for one and pay per most for Exchange Hosting (e.g., 123Together.com, etc.). I think there may be a few free Exchange Server offerings, but not sure who and how that works.

I understand that you may be able to get a Gmail account that does syncing of your contacts, calendar and email with the Droid, but someone else who knows if this is correct and, if so, how to do it will need to speak up.

Upvote 0
One more thing. You won't see Microsoft ActiveSync on the Droid. Go to add your email account and choose the option that is an Exchange Server account and you'll need to know the server details, etc. to enter, password, and also have access to an Exchange Server account. How to do it is also outlined in the Droid user manual. Its simple to set up.

Upvote 0
Some more time has passed and needed to know if anyone has had any luck sincing Droid to Entourage without using an Exchange Server. Had an iPhone and trying to boycott the no insurance allowed people. FYI...Missing Sinc does a confusing job with no calander sincing and Spanning Sinc sincs the calander nicely however its contacts syncing are not congruent.

Upvote 0
Some more time has passed and needed to know if anyone has had any luck sincing Droid to Entourage without using an Exchange Server. Had an iPhone and trying to boycott the no insurance allowed people. FYI...Missing Sinc does a confusing job with no calander sincing and Spanning Sinc sincs the calander nicely however its contacts syncing are not congruent.

Upvote 0
I was using Entourage for a while until my BlackBerry decided to screw up my calendar. So.... I exported all my Entourage calendar data to a Google Calendar... I haven't looked back. So, when the Droid came out, this was a "no brainer." I continue to use the Google Calendar... I like the automatic sync between my computer and my phone and have no worries about the syncing, nor if the phone is lost (*gasp!*) then at least all my information is safe on the Google cloud.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I did find the Calender syncing a breeze, however, the contacts still do not sync right? If you have any idea on how to sync contacts from Entourage to Droid, that would be extremely helpful.

You could try this. Will get them to the Mac address book which syncs with google.

I've not tried it, so back up your stuff!!!

Upvote 0
I use entourage as a suite (calendar, tasks, projects, etc.) so its important for me to sync w/droid. With my old Blackberry I used Calgoo (free app) to sync gmail calendar with entourage using ical as a "middle man". Contacts between Gmail and Droid will sync over the air one way for sure gmail to droid, not sure if it does it droid to gmail. emails on gmail and droid sync over the air. I would love to find a way to sinc email, calendar and contacts over the air. I had several bad experiences with Mark Space products, do not recommend them.

So....any over the air way to sinc entourage and droid (calendar, email, contacts?) thanks

Upvote 0
I've been using MarkSpace Missing Sync to interface my Mac & Treo 700w with great success. I've now moved to the Android X (yes, I finally retired the brick) & again, it's the only app I've found to do the job...Entourage, Calendar, media, files, etc. It's a bit pricey, but the time savings might warrant the cost. At least check it out. Solid app, great support and clean gui.

Upvote 0
Though it is an old thread, I hope my reply will be helpful for those, who is still searching for sync solution for Android and Entourage.

SyncMate can sync your contacts and calendars in Android with Entourage for absolutely free - you will only need to install its free edition on Mac and client app on Android and sync data with Contacts and iCal sync plugins. (To enable Entourage sync, please, read this article)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones