• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync mdia within an internal wifi hotspot

Technically, an app can be written to do it, but I don't think there's an Android device yet that's powerful enough to do the work necessary. Watching them from the same external hard drive (or the same desktop computer) would be so much simpler.

BTW, no matter how you do it, they won't both be playing at exactly the same time. Each stream is separate. That's why, if you have 2 TV boxes, and watch the same show on both, you'll notice a lag between them.)

Upvote 0
Technically, an app can be written to do it, but I don't think there's an Android device yet that's powerful enough to do the work necessary. Watching them from the same external hard drive (or the same desktop computer) would be so much simpler.

BTW, no matter how you do it, they won't both be playing at exactly the same time. Each stream is separate. That's why, if you have 2 TV boxes, and watch the same show on both, you'll notice a lag between them.)

Thanks Rukbat. I guess I need a base (HD or PC) like you described.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones