Sync music and include album coversGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jerms

jerms Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering how everyone else is managing their music and if its working for them. I am using ITunes and DoubleTwist but can not seem to get the Album Art to show or copy to my device. I have dragged a copy of a music folders directly to my device with the system files including the art work and that works fine. But that means I have to set up all my play lists in driod again which is a PIA.

Just curious to see if anyone has it working as we would expect. Click sync and viola playlists with album covers!

Thank you,

Advertisement
  2. dragonbro

dragonbro Well-Known Member

I finally broke down and purchased the app Album Art Grabber, works great.

3. LED

LED Well-Known Member

I use Salling Media Sync and it works great. All my playlists and album art are synced. It even adheres to syncing only "checked" music in iTunes which is how I limit my library size.

jerms likes this.
  4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

tunewiki found about 90% + of my album art all by itself, works for me!

5. jerms

Salling Media Sync with ITunes seem to work like a champ. Glad I asked the question!

6. jerms

Ok spoke too soon. I added 1 artist 6 albums into a playlist on ITunes "Test". All 6 albums have have the covers in ITunes but only 1 cover made it to the phone. The other 5 albums have no art.

I do not have the directory broken up into album directories only artist directories.

Any ideas?

@gruss
    I am not having a problem finding album art I already have it in ITunes. I was just looking for a program that would transfer playlist with music and album art to the phone. Correctly.

7. LED

LED Well-Known Member

Are you on Windows or Mac? I believe Album art is handled differently on the Mac which allows for better syncing to the phone (I use a mac). Try adding the album art to the tracks manually to see if it makes a difference. Highlight a group of tracks and do a "Get Info". Find the artwork somewhere and drag the image into the artwork box. Alternatively, you could use a music app which automatically downloads the artwork like bTunes or TuneWiki.

8. jerms

I am a PC, I mean on a PC :p. I did add the covers individually to each song (well selected each album and updated al at once 6 times) and the sync did carry them across that way.

Not to be a downer but why is this so difficult? These images are there and recognized by ITunes. Now I have to download 197 album covers and tie them to the albums individually and sync them. Any one think this is a bit limited.

The 3rd party programs are an idea but why cant stuff just work.

9. LED

LED Well-Known Member

Get a mac, lol, jk. Here's a Salling FAQ on that matter:

Why does certain album artwork not show?
    (Windows-only) Such artwork that you have downloaded through iTunes (using the "Get Album Artwork" command in iTunes) is stored separately from the audio tracks in a way that makes it impossible for Salling Media Sync to re-associate back to the track in a way such that a device can make use of it. Solution: Assign artwork to your tracks using a different method, such as through the "Get Info" command in iTunes.

jerms likes this.
  10. Tiptopdrop

Tiptopdrop Member

Try out iSyncr Lite for Mac in the Android Market. It syncs iTunes album art.

11. coolerinthecorner

coolerinthecorner Well-Known Member

I use Cube (3) free from the market as my stand alone music player and it will find all of your missing album art for you. It misses one or two but they are very easy to find using the player via album/artist or song. And it looks pretty cool too.

12. cosmo

cosmo Member

Google Media Monkey and try it on your PC. I have had good results finding album art and getting it on the phone ( 95% of the time anyways...)with this program.

13. jayhawkfan18

jayhawkfan18 Well-Known Member

OK, here is what I am trying to do... I have some songs on my Incredible on my SD card that I have downloaded over the years. They are all labeled differently (some have the song # first, some have the artist included in the name of the song, etc) and most are missing the album art. My Inc has just a few songs labeled as "unknown artist" even though other songs with the same label from the same CD are sorted by the artist/album...

I'm trying to use Media Monkey to help me with this but is there another app on PC or for the Android that will allow me to clean this up? Basically I want them all labeled correctly with the Artist, Album and Song and then also the album art to accompany the song but I don't want to have to do all of this manually. I would like to be able to "cut" the songs from my SD card, have this app update everything accordingly, and then be able to "paste" them back to my phone's SD card...

If Media Monkey is all I need for this then maybe a step by step on how to accomplish this?

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks!!

14. exciter

exciter Member

I just put the image file of the cover into the same folder as the album and make sure it's titled, "albumart.jpg". That's been working 100% of the time for me, at least so far...

15. mikem3223

mikem3223 Well-Known Member

Salling isn't showing up in the market...

16. LED

LED Well-Known Member

mikem3223 likes this.
  17. SyDTRaKKeD

SyDTRaKKeD Well-Known Member

im hoping DoubleTwist adds a feature for syncing album art.... haven't seen any updates in a while from them though....