Sync my Outlook Contacts directly to my Gmail / Droid ContactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. pvh

pvh New Member This Topic's Starter

I have perfect sync of my Outlook Calendar and Outlook Email through Gmail to my Droid. When I first purchased I converted my Outlook contacts to a CSV, moved them to my Gmail Contacts and I had a running start. Now a couple months later I am still entering new contacts into both Gmail and Outlook separately. Is there a way to sync these so I will have to enter in only one place (preferablly in Outlook)?

Advertisement
  2. TXLady

TXLady Well-Known Member

I need to keep my contacts and calendar synced between my phone and Outlook. In order to do this, you need a third party software. The one I settled on is CompanionLink for Google. Sync Palm Desktop, Microsoft Outlook, ACT!, Lotus Notes, GroupWise, and GoldMine with Google and your phone | CompanionLink

This syncs between your desktop Outlook and your Google contacts and calendar. Since your Droid syncs automatically with Google, everything ends up being in synch. The cost is $39.95 but it is worth it and does what it says it does.

CompanionLink also solved a problem I'd had since changing jobs to a company that uses Lotus Notes. I also bought a copy for the work computer and now also synch my Lotus Notes contacts and calendar with Google so I end up having both home computer, personal Droid, work computer and work blackberry all in sync. I just run CompanionLink on each computer a couple times a week or more often if I make a lot of changes anywhere.

3. Jay3

Jay3 Well-Known Member

I work at a company that requires a secure, over the air "push" product that gives it Blackberry level of functionality. We use Good Technology. It's robust and serviceable, but very poor on features (sort of lean and mean).

Good Technology

4. jmajor000

jmajor000 New Member

I'm really confused with the overall sync aspects of the droid. In the end, I'd like for my contacts and calendar to end up in the default applications on the droid. I have companionlink, but it ultimately only shows my items into companionlink on the droid phone.

How can I get my contacts to sync into my contacts application on the droid?

I've solved calendar with Google's calendar sync. And I know I could solve notes and tasks with google docs.

5. RickInHouston

RickInHouston Well-Known Member

I use stand-alone Outlook for my contacts. I am using CompanionLink to sync these contacts with Gmail contacts.

I'm want to streamline my Outlook Contacts sub-folders (Personal / Businesses / Relatives / Neighbors) with Gmail Groups. I have figured out there are three that are not delete-able (Co-workers / Family / Friends) and I can work with that.

MY BIG QUESTION: Gmail seems to put every into 'My Contacts' and most of those into one of the 'groups' after the first fresj sync with CompanionLink. So in Android (HTC sense) 'People' is the same as 'My Contacts' and Gmail 'goups' are the same as Android 'groups'?

I'm asking this because then it would be a good idea to put all your Favorite-most-called-people into GMail's 'My Contacts' and Also a Gmail 'group' and leave out everyone else so that on the phone, people would only be a small sub-set of your entire phonebook (the one's you need the most)?

(Or put this another way - my mom is old and I keep a record of all her friends (about 60 people). I don't want to sift through her friends when finding a phone number. Therefore, I tag all those people into a group called 'Mom's group' and make sure they aren't in GMail's 'My Contacts'! Right?)

6. cindiesue

cindiesue New Member

I am trying to learn how to get my calendar into my droid from outlook. I am putting myself on this thread. in voyering