• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync Only google calendar?

hejfelix

Lurker
Nov 15, 2010
Hey guys,

I have aquired an HTC Desire. Now I want to automatically syncronize ONLY with google calendar. The problem is when I select "auto-sync" under accounts/synchronization it checks auto-sync for all google-services (calendar, contacts,...)

I want to autosynchronize gmail with my phones calendar without syncing contacts and other stuff. How do I do it?

thanks in advance,
Felix

When you go to accounts and sync from the setting menu you can see Google correct? You should just be able to tap on Google and it should bring up the 3 sync option (cal, cont's, Gmail). Then you should be able to tap on each thing you want to sync individually.

Hope that helps.

Ok this and also the next post: When I go to settings->accounts/sync->google(my e-mail-adress)-> I can tap 3 things (sync contacs,gmail and calendar)

HOWEVER, these are not checkboxes/radiobuttons. The text says "synchronize now". (if it's not the exact words, it's because I'm translating from Danish). So I can manually syncrhonize here, but I want it to atomatically sync the calendar.

Upvote 0
Okay, now it worked :) I had to check the "Automatic Sync" button in the root of accounts/sync before the checkboxes appeared. The reason I didn't do it was because every item just turned green when i did, it wasn't really apparent that checkboxes would appear in the submenus :S

Anyway, thanks guys your posts kinda helped me ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones