sync outlook without using google

Last Updated:

1. drkhil1992

drkhil1992 New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to sync my outlook calendar/contacts without using google?

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

What brand/model phone do you have? Some of the newer Android phones have Exchange support built into them. You can also get native Exchange support using third party email apps like Touchdown or K9.

If, on the other hand, you are talking about sync'ing with an Outlook client (not talking to an Exchange Server) directly then that gets a wee bit more difficult.

3. drkhil1992

drkhil1992 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have the Samsung Transform. This is my first droid phone. I had the Blackberry Storm. I'm not sure what outlook client is or an exchange server. I can tell you what I do know - I have a personal comcast e-mail account that I open up in Outlook and all of my contacts and my calendar is stored in Outlook. I was wondering if I can sync it as easily as I did on my storm?

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Sounds like you are basically trying to sync directly from the Outlook software client.

This is more difficult to do because you are trying to sync with your PC and not with the cloud (the internet). The following link provides info on some software packages available that would help you to perform this task:

http://androidforums.com/droid-how-tips/16345-sync-outlook-contacts-calendar-google.html

They are typically not straightforward solutions and the process is not without it's own challenges.

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome! Glad you signed up. :)