sync phone number with gmail accountSupport

Last Updated:

1. wdroid

wdroid New Member

Hi All,

First of all I'm very new to android and I've recently got HTC Desire. I want to sync my phone contacts with the gmail account.
    I read several threads from this forum and tried to change from phone contacts to google contacts instead.
    However, nothing happen when I manually sync. The icon rotating indicated that sync was in process.
    Afterward, I checked on my gmail's contacts, nothing change. No contact has phone number.
    I even tried to create some dummy contacts but not work either.
    Can anyone suggest something?

PS. FYI My HTC run android 2.2

2. wdroid

wdroid New Member

Some addition:
    I also noticed that the icon that rotated next to "sync contacts" in Accounts & Sync > Google doesn't disappear like "sync Gmail" or "sync calendar".
    Also the date underneath didn't change like others.
  3. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

I had this problem when i upgraded to 2.2,to fix it i had to go into the contacts app and delete the data in that app,
    to do that press menu > settings > applications > manage applications > under the running tab find contacts storage then press clear data,then you should be able to sync your contacts.

p.s by clearing the data you do not delete the contacts only the pics and any links etc you may have made.
    wdroid likes this.
  4. wdroid

wdroid New Member

It's worked! Thank a lot