• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync Problems With Calendar

garak0410

Aug 26, 2010
Hi...I am a new Android owner and am really enjoying it.

The main problem I am having is syncing with Google Calendar. It shows it hasn't synced since August 20th. It is checked to sync and shows the sync (circle with arrows) symbol but it never syncs. In contrast, my GMAIL is having no problems syncing...only the calendar.

My wife and I share our gmail account to keep calendar's in sync and it happens on her phone too.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian

Try unchecking, then re-checking the Calendar sync checkbox.

I assume you've tried a phone reboot.

If it's still a no-go, you would probably be best deleting all the Calendar data and resyncing.

jd

I did the uncheck/re check and several reboots...same problem on both phones.

I didn't know you can remove a GMAIL account without a factor reset...am I wrong?

Upvote 0
You don't have to remove the account, just the calendar data that is stored on the phone.

To do so, first and foremost, back up your gMail calendar on your PC/Mac (go to Calendar Settings, Calendars, Export Calendars). I've never had a problem deleting Calendar Data, but a backup is a good idea just in case.

On your phone, go to any Home Screen, then press Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Calendar Storage->Clear data.

Then resysnc Google Calendar and you should be all set.

If you are at all nervous about doing this, then don't. :)

jd

P.S. I'm also assuming that sometime since August 20th, you've had a working data connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones