sync software Galaxy s3 with Mac

Last Updated:

1. hungry john

hungry john New Member

What is good free and low cost software/apps I can use to sync calendar, music, photos, contaxts [is there anything else to sync?] with my Android and Mac?

Can syncing go both ways?

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Samsung Kies (official Samsung PC/Mac Suite software) or MyPhoneExplorer. Or you can just go cloud and not need anything anymore for syncing.
    hungry john likes this.
  3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Kies would be your best option, considering it is released by Samsung themselves and it can work on Mac and PC :)
    hungry john likes this.
  4. hungry john

hungry john New Member

Thank you. I downloaded Kies. I see the phone calendar displaying on my Mac.

Its nice to use it and it shows up on my phone calendar

What about Information I enter into my mac iCalendar? Is there a way to sync THAT information into the phoen calendar? or, is that what I need to use google cloud for?

I like my phone and believe it to be better than iphone, BUT simple syncing, back up and viruses will make me get the iphone. I have to decide today :p, but I really want to be able to keep the droid.
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Simply syncing won't happen, since you use iCalendar. Apple simply refuses to play along with other brands, making their services unable to sync directly to non-Apple devices, unlike Windows Outlook which can sync to any device and has a lot of third party sync capability (iOS, Symbian, Android, dumbphones, etc). You either have to ditch iCalendar, or look for a way to sync iCalendar to your Gmail calendar so that it will sync to your phone.

Viruses is not a problem on Android. In fact, Android viruses don't exist.
    Crashdamage likes this.