Sync specific groupGeneral

Last Updated:

1. weamish

weamish Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to sync only one specific contacts group, rather than all contacts?

Thanks!

Steve

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums :)

I dont believe theres any way to easily sync just one group..... you could of course rename all the other groups so that they do not match the groups on Gmail...... then only the matching group would sync... of course then you would have to change them all back if you wanted to ever sync them as well....

in other words....... the only groups that will sync are those that have the exact same group name in both places........ with the phone groups taking precedence....... a group name on Gmail will not sync to the phone if there is not a corresponding group on the phone already

3. weamish

Thanks copestag. How do I determine which group name is on the phone? I go into the account screen, says Sync Contacts, but I don't see anywhere to specify what groups. And hitting Menu at that point doesn't seem to do anything.

4. copestag

open people> at bottom of screen select second icon that looks like 3 people> longpress on one of the group names> edit group> at very top youll see group name.........retype a new name >save

rinse and repeat until all groups you do not want to sync are renamed

5. weamish

All of the default groups (VIP, family, etc) show 0 contacts. I'd like to delete all of them and add the gmail group where I have all my cellphone contacts. Is that possible?

6. copestag

sure: people>groups(3 people icon)>menu

7. weamish

The only group it will allow me to delete is the one I added - seems to be no option to delete the default groups...

8. copestag

oh ya... I forgot you have to be rooted and edit one of the files on the phone to get rid of the Default groups.....

just make sure theres no identical group names on your gmail account with contacts in them..... the only matching group from gmail to your phone should be the one you want to sync........ as long as thats the case then you will only sync that group

9. weamish

Is there any way to specify whether I want to sync from the PC to the phone or vice-versa?