sync to mac - possible?Support

Last Updated:

1. lindsalba

lindsalba New Member This Topic's Starter

ok so I bought a new wildfire and sent off an email to HTC to ask how I should in their opinion sync my palm desktop on my mac to their device. My heart sank when I received this reply:
    I' afraid we are not able yet to sync our HTC devices to a MAC desktop, you need a Pc with windows XP or above.

There seem to be a lot of folk talking about syncing to macs out there, so is this true? I was expecting a complicated procedure for the palm software but a blanket "no mac sync" is worrying. Do I have to go back to the shop and get a different phone? I was assured, not that one should ever believe salespeople, by Vodafone that it was compatible with Mac.

Thanks in advance to any lovely person who can help.

Advertisement
  2. mothdust

mothdust New Member

hi there! I used Google to sync calendars and mail and contacts, then I dragged music onto my microSD card as if it was a storage device, then I used doubleTwist to sync iTunes plalylists. You can do a lot of syncing with doubleTwist, why not give that a go?

3. mac-adept

mac-adept New Member

I've got my Wildfire this weekend and I managed to sync my address-book and itunes (I've downloaded DoubleTwist and that looks oke). But I didn't manage to sync iCal or Entourage. And in the preferences of this programmes there's no hint to the solution.

If I don't find a way to get this synchronised, I'll be forced to go back to the iPhone. That's no punishments: at least they don't need a large manual like the HTC.

Anyone a clue how I can sync my agenda's?