Sync Trouble with Contacts

Last Updated:

1. RyanB

RyanB Guest This Topic's Starter

I noticed the other day that my contacts aren't syncing with the rest of my Gmail account. I get calender and gmail to sync without a hitch, yet the contacts haven't synced in about a month now. It says that sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendation before I head off to a VZW store later?

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I had this exact thing a while ago. What ended up working for me was to clear data/cache for contacts in settings (I did Gmail and calendar too, not sure you would really need to though) then I rebooted. It didn't work on just the reboot so I re-cleared them and did a battery pull. It's been working like a charm ever since.

3. RyanB

Where in settings should I be looking? The only place I know of off the top of my head to do that from would be under the list of apps, but contacts wouldn't be located there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Settings/applications/manage applications/menu-filter-all/contacts/clear data. Do the same for contact storage.

5. RyanB

Thanks, but that didn't seem to help in my case. I don't know if it matters, but I didn't have a cache to clear when I found the "app" for it in the settings. Also, around the date that it stopped syncing, I remember that I attempted to restore a backup from that morning to retrieve some deleted data. I changed my mind and cancelled the restore, only at that point my Droid had duplicate contacts and asked about removing them (which I recall confirming). Could the aborted restore have affected out somehow?

6. RyanB

I'm thinking about doing a factory reset, and using Sprite backup to restore everything except the contacts, which I'm hoping will restore safely from the web. Is this a good idea?