• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sync two android phones via google calendar on a mac

whelm

Lurker
Sep 1, 2010
hi there,

my apologies if this have already been covered elsewhere.. my search did not yield a clear answer.

i am trying to decide whether two purchase two iphones for my partner and i or two android phones. i use an imac as my home computer, though my preference is for android phones.

we are thinking about buying one htc legend and one htc desire.

my question:
using google calendar can we sync our two phones with google calendar (on the mac) so that anything that gets added to any of the three calendars will also be automatically added to the other two calendars. i know mobileme does this with mac calendars, but could not find a definitive answer using google calendar and gears.

followup question:
i know google calendar is available offline now; when it is offline, does this stop the publishing (sharing) of calendar events between the three calendars until it goes back online?

your clear answers to these question are very much appreciated.

thanks!
whelm.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones