1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Sync Widget

Last Updated:

1. m165

m165 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am experimenting with different home screens for my HTC Desire. So far I'm testing out Home++, Launcher PRO and ADW.

The only thing that I haven't managed to find which will let me switch from ever using Sense again is HTC's widgets.

I have found alternatives for the bookmarks widget and one for the calendar, although not perfect, it will suffice.

The one thing I haven't found a replacement for is a sync button. HTC has a many toggle widgets and there is one that when pressed, it will begin syncing everything. I find this handy, so I can sync everything when I want, rather than hourly or whatever.

Note that this isn't a widget for turning on or off auto sync, it's a button so it syncs everything when pressed.

Is there a widget that does this? I have extended controls which covers everything but this!

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Power Controol Widget and Extended Controls.

3. m165

As said in my post, I'm using Extended Controls, but that just turns on and off the auto sync. I want a button that syncs everything when I press it, not to turn on and off auto sync.

I'll look at the other one, but I have a feeling it'll do the same thing.

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

It will do the same.

5. m165

So is there a widget that when I click on it, it will sync everything, rather than just switch auto sync on and off?

6. Dampjorgers

Dampjorgers Member

I just downloaded the app "Synker" from market.
    It's still in beta but it has a "sync all" widget, much like the HTC stock one, and it seems to work just fine.