• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync will not load under Win7 x64

Aussie44

Lurker
Nov 13, 2009
:mad:Just a note to let everyone know that there is a problem with sync and windows7 x64. Called tech support and they tried several things to try to get it to work and then they gave up. Said that they do not yet support windows7.... Very frustrating that they still do not have this working. Luckly I have an older computer that runs Vista x64 and it loaded up ok so I am in business. But if your only computer is new with win7 you may want to hold off until they support it.
Aussie44

I had no problems loading HTC Sync on my Windows 7 64bit (Professional Edition). I installed the version of HTC Sync that came on the phones 2 GB memory card. (Version 2.0.5). I just mounted my SD Card right when I hooked up the phone to the usb, installed HTC Sync and restarted my computer. Loaded HTC Sync on my Computer then reconnected the phone and selected HTC Sync from the Phone options. Then the settings manager came up automatically on the computer, I picked my settings and it transfered all my contacts without issue.

Upvote 0
I didn't know HTC Sync was pre loaded on the SD card.....

it was For Me, I didnt even Look at the 2GB when I got the phone, I just took it out and put in my 8GB that I had in my TP1 and gave the 2 GB to a friend with a BB, but before I did I looked on it to make sure it was empty on my computer and there was a folder in it called "HTC Sync" and the app was in there. Also a folder called "wallpapers" that had stock images for the lock screen wallpaper.

So you might want to look at your 2GB via the computer for that Folder, if you dont have it PM me and I will be happy to email it to you so you can get this working without workarounds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones