sync wth outlookSupport

Last Updated:

1. alackman

alackman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have two questions.

ok, so ive found out how to auto sync my phone calender with my outlook calender via google thus eliminating the need to physically connect/sync phone with computer which I have found often creates duplicates - when I delete a entry from the phone - it keeps comming back - is there a way around this?

Also, is this possible to do the same for contactsi? In theory should be a similar process right? phone syncs with google, an app on computer makes outlook sync with google also but I cant seem to find anything that will help?

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. spile

spile Well-Known Member

You haven't got calendar sync enabled in any other Sync software (eg HTC Sync ) have you?

I couldn't either. Take a look at MyPhoneExplorer which is free and does the job of syncing contacts really well for me.

3. alackman

i didnt like the phoneexploroer much and unless I was missing somehting it only syncs when usb or wifi connection. I want/need somehting that will sync gogle with outlook and then incliung the phone.

I did find however sync2.com which isnt free but is onyl

4. alackman

have just completed as suggested in another thread to tidy up phone/googlec contacts. I have deleted all pohone contacts and only noww have google contacts and so yes now I onyl have google contacts in phone..no sim contacts (do people still store numbers on a sim card)

I now can auto sync (using sync2) all contacts and calenders with my outlook without having to connect physically. Any changes I make will automatically (depedant up[on sync schedual) with phone and outlook wherver I make the changes/additions/deletions etc woo hoo

I must remeber to change htc sync settings to only sync media and not calenderor contacts or I imagine duplicates will occur.

I alomst definitely will pay the

5. spile

spile Well-Known Member

Have you looked at HamsterSync? - it seems to be a contact version of Google Calendar Sync and if I wasn't making good progress with MyPhoneExplorer, I'd be trying it out.

alackman likes this.
  6. alackman

Thank-you for your suggestion. I will give it a look. Although I never real got on with calendar sync. I always ended up with a load of duplicates. I'm sure it was probably something I wad doing wrong, but sync2 seems to be doing a great job so far.

7. spile

spile Well-Known Member

Never had duplicate calendar entries since I started using Google Calendar Sync and I have it installed on two PCs.