sync your music collection to android

Last Updated:

1. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok before you start salivating and jumping up and down like a hysterical clown, read the following disclaimer

"At the moment you can not do this, but very soon you will. In fact it is being developed as we speak"

Still interested? Read on

Mozilla, our (second) favourite web browser has had an open source media library and player for some time ( called songbird ). The interface looks cunningly similar to i-tunes, and keeping in tradition with mozilla's theme and addon creation the plugins, themes and addons are pouring in.

According the their roadmap support for extrnal USB devices like mp3 players, cellphones and PDA's is coming very soon, in the next development phase. Which means one thing for you and me, the ability to sync our media collection with our G1's

Keep an eye on songbird, it could be the answer to some of our wishes

Advertisement
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Awesome post. I was just lamenting to a friend his Jinzora server was not accessible on my G1.

3. DoctorBreedlove

DoctorBreedlove New Member

Hi There,

Don't know if this was the case when you wrote your initial post, but you can sync with Banshee, if you use any "Unix or Unix-like" system, basically OSX (BSD-Unix Based) or various Linux Distros. You can also apparently use Songbird via this method (Lateral 8 - Syncing Your G1/Android Device with Songbird), but it's not native (you have to download extensions & set up the parameters of what you want them to do) and it's not as seamless a method (it's basically treating your Android device as a USB drive and populating it with playlists created by Songbird) but it should work.

4. crossed.out

crossed.out Member

MediaMonkey works great. Just set up the sync directory to the music folder.