• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Synced contact photos VERY low quality.

redraptor

Android Enthusiast
Sep 6, 2010
Much too far from the waves
Hey guys!!

Ok so I have my first Smartphone, a Samsung Fascinate, and I simply love it. One thing that I REALLY like is the sync of facebook and twitter to my contacts. I like the fact that it syncs thier photos and status and such, especially since im a facebook/twitter dork. My only problem is that the synced photos both in the contacts page and my "buddies now" widget are EXTREMELY low quality. Is there any way to get the higher quality photos to show up in those programs? Its not a deal breaker, although it does look a little nasty when the rest of the phone is so sharp.

Hey guys!!

Ok so I have my first Smartphone, a Samsung Fascinate, and I simply love it. One thing that I REALLY like is the sync of facebook and twitter to my contacts. I like the fact that it syncs thier photos and status and such, especially since im a facebook/twitter dork. My only problem is that the synced photos both in the contacts page and my "buddies now" widget are EXTREMELY low quality. Is there any way to get the higher quality photos to show up in those programs? Its not a deal breaker, although it does look a little nasty when the rest of the phone is so sharp.

I think i read somewhere that its caused by google backing the photo's up. I could be wrong, but if you change your gmail settings to not back up your contact photo's or something like that, it may fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones