• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Synching Contacts on Android to Gmail?

I know that I can go through the menus on the phone and sync my gmail account contacts to my android phone but I was wondering if theres a way to take the contacts on my phone and sync those to my gmail account. I dont know if that sounds confusing or if I worded it weird but I want make it so if I add new contacts TO THE PHONE and I sync it with gmail, those contacts show up in my gmail account.

In the event I have to restart my phone (moment running 2.2 not rooted) and sync my contatcs, it will only add contacts that I manually add to my gmail. Since my last restart I have probably added around 20 new contacts TO THE PHONE which ARE NOT in my gmail. It drivs me crazy because if right now I sync to my gmail contacts, those 20 numbers do not show up.

Everytime I add a new contact to my phone do I also have to log into gmail and add it manually to the gmail contacts if I want that number restored in the event I do a hard reset and want my contatcs synced?

If theres a way to do this I would greatly appreciate it. It seems like the ipod setup where you can only sync stuff thats on the computer. I hopw theres a way around that. Thanks!

If it's set up to sync it should do a two-way sync. Go into accounts and sync and make sure sync is turned on. It shouldn't only be coming from PC to phone, like I said, it should go both ways. The Moment doesn't have 2.2 either, do you mean 2.1? Not that it really matters but it might help prevent future confusion.

Upvote 0
yea I meant 2.1 it was upgraded a while ago I forgot what the upgrade was... I dont know, when I sync my googlw contacts it was only going from PC to phone. I kind of want to try it right now but last time it didnt seem to work correctly.

Can I delete my entire gmail contact list and then sync to my phone and than my gmail contatcs will look exactly like the contacts on my phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones