synching email with Droid Samsung fascinate phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. tips54

tips54 Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to setup email on this phone for a user, i'm able to get it to download contacts, email in the Deleted folder, But it does not sync the Inbox folder. I have the same issue using the default software and using the Exchange Touchdown software. I'm sure some of you have gotten this work on droid, Any idea what could be my problem?
    I'm using Exchange 2003 by the way.

Advertisement
  2. bezerk19

bezerk19 Well-Known Member

Haven't heard of this problem, have you tried setting up a POP3 account? Do you get the same behavior? Do you know if your exchange 2003 server is configured accordingly? I currently have a POP3 and an exchange account (exchange 2007) and everything works as expected.

Last resort would be hard reset?

3. tips54

The user has a google setup on the phone and it works just. This has been very frustrating, I am sending all the users an email stating if they must change their phone it has to be a Blackberry as those don't have any issues.
    the Exchange itself is configured fine. I have one windows mobile phone & 6 Blackberries working just fine.

I did read a thread yesterday on another issue stating that the size of the Mailbox could be an issue, this user mailbox is almost a gig, Could that be my problem you think?

4. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

You must be doing something wrong, because it works perfectly. My mailbox is close to 2 gigs.
    You have the folders added in the settings?
    [​IMG]

5. tips54

what do you mean by are folders in the setting? also are you using SSL certificate? also are you using Touchdown? it really bother me that others have it working, which has me thinking i'm doing something wrong too.but why would it sync the Deleted emails folder and not the others? what could my problem be?

6. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

fwiw the fascinate is NOT a droid :)

7. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

Did you even look at the Touchdown screen cap in my post?
    There's a section there that says "Selected Email Folders" and a big azz button that says "Choose Folders"

8. tips54

Simtech,

I don't see the attachment you refer too. Now the phone shows emails when they come in, but they disappear once opened. This only happens to the Inbox, there's a bunch in the Delete folder. what am I missing?

9. tips54

As soon as any of the message are read they disappear from the phone, regardless of what folder they are in.
    What am I doing wrong?

10. tips54

I got it working. It was something real dumb, the filter was set to show unread emails only.