Synching SGS with my Gmail contacts in the web ?Support

Last Updated:

1. teocem

teocem New Member This Topic's Starter

I thought my SGs would sync to my Gmail contacts over the air without doing data transferring over PC with a cable. But this does not hapen, as I refresh the synch manually, it says it has synched but obviously the contacts list in my phone and Gmail at the web are totally irrelevant. For example I merged some contacts in Gmail contacts but this does not show up in the phone even though it shows to be synching over the air. Maybe a simple issue to handle but I would appreciate the help very much as a new transfer to Android from Symbian...

Advertisement
  2. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

have you got you phone settings to show all contacts ie facebook, gmail, phone and stim...?

3. Drg7

Drg7 Member

Check point no 3 here. It appears the only solution is to work only with gmail contacts

4. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Yep - I have moved all of my phone numbers etc into Google contacts so there is nothing directly on the phone / sim.

I also did find that I had to do a fair bit of clean up on my google contacts (did this via gmail on the web) and spend a bit of time linking to facebook and exchange contacts.

There is quite a useful option in the contact app that i use, something along the lines of 'show only contacts with phone numbers'. Quite helpful.