Support Synching SGS with my Gmail contacts in the web ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by teocem, Sep 28, 2010.

1. teocem

teocem New Member

Sep 27, 2010
    I thought my SGs would sync to my Gmail contacts over the air without doing data transferring over PC with a cable. But this does not hapen, as I refresh the synch manually, it says it has synched but obviously the contacts list in my phone and Gmail at the web are totally irrelevant. For example I merged some contacts in Gmail contacts but this does not show up in the phone even though it shows to be synching over the air. Maybe a simple issue to handle but I would appreciate the help very much as a new transfer to Android from Symbian...

Advertisement
  2. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Head Chef
    Worcester, UK
    have you got you phone settings to show all contacts ie facebook, gmail, phone and stim...?

3. Drg7

Drg7 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Greece
    Check point no 3 here. It appears the only solution is to work only with gmail contacts

4. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Newcastle, England
    Yep - I have moved all of my phone numbers etc into Google contacts so there is nothing directly on the phone / sim.

I also did find that I had to do a fair bit of clean up on my google contacts (did this via gmail on the web) and spend a bit of time linking to facebook and exchange contacts.

There is quite a useful option in the contact app that i use, something along the lines of 'show only contacts with phone numbers'. Quite helpful.