Synchronising with a new PC

Last Updated:

1. RobDickson

RobDickson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm going to start using a new PC. This will have Outlook on it, which will have all my calendar and contacts copied from my old PC. I will also have my phone, which will have my contacts, and some of my calendar entries.

If I synchronise them as they stand, I will probably end up with duplicates of everything. If I delete everything on the phone, I might delete everything from Outlook too. Anyway, I don't know how to delete everything and don't want to delete everything one-by-one.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Yes, I know that I wouldn't have these problems if I synchronised by Google. I will not be using Gmail to synchronise contacts until it implements firstname and surname fields. I do want to synchronise the calendar via Google, but still need to be able to delete all my PCSync calendar entries before synchronising via Google.

I know that I can choose not to display my PCSync calendar entries on the phone, but that's not an ideal solution, because they're still there.

The advice that I got from HTC doesn't match with any menu options I have on the HTC Desire.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks in advance.