Syncing all your contacts with the droid

Last Updated:

1. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I need help. I want to sync a lot of my contacts that are either on gmail or facebook.

The problem I have is that I only want about 10pct of the facebook list and only about 1% of the google contact list.

And google has best email while facebook has picture and date of birth.

Is there something that will allow me to combine these?

how did you go about forming the best contact list?

Advertisement
  2. baka

baka Well-Known Member

i sorted my contacts into groups from google voice (works with gmail too), optd to sync with my gmail account and not fb thru the contacts settings. this synced all the contacts i had in gv - now on the droid - with fb pix and info, but did not sync my fb contacts.

assuming you've emailed the contacts in fb you want to sync, they might already be in your gmail/gv all contacts list.

see if that works

3. Germwise

So then I'll have the info from GV/gmail but the picture and status from facebook?

4. baka

baka Well-Known Member

thats what happened when i did it. here are the steps.

1. edited everything in gv and set up groups.

2. in contacts, under accounts i am choosing to sync my @gmail account, my fb account, and my exchange account (not relevant to you)

3. in contacts, under display options i chose to display specific groups (the ones i set up in gv) under my @gmail account, not to display my exchange contacts (not relevant to you), not to display my fb contacts.

when i go back and look at my contacts list, everyone who i set up in gv is listed. if they have a fb account, droid found them and synced their photo and other info (phone, other emails, etc).

make sense?

5. Germwise

This is amazing, it should be part of the faq sticky. I see lots of people asking a similar question.