syncing and touch screen issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. eye4863

eye4863 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to post a couple issues I'm having with my white slide... phone won't stop syncing and touch screens starts to go haywire?? Have done factory reset to a fail... I am assuming it might be a defected device just wondering if anyone is having either problem or both like me...

Advertisement
  2. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

no issues here...sorry

3. erb0817

erb0817 Well-Known Member

I haven't had the touch screen issue, but my phone also seems to always be syncing. It always has the two arrow symbol at the top next to the network symbol. Didn't even think this is was a problem, just thought that's how it was. Under settings>accounts & sync, what accounts do you have? I have facebook, google, news, stocks, tmobile, and weather.

jasontorres likes this.
  4. eye4863

I have all of those syncing as well... I found in tmobile forums that's I should turn off auto sync which I did and then had to cancle sync in order for that circle arrow sign to go away just don't know how that's going to effect everything but according to someone on the tmo forum once I go to one of those apps it'll auto update?? We shall see trial and error...

5. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Most of the apps will auto update on launch of the app...not all but most of them, but none of the widgets will work without updating through auto sync i.e. the weather, friend feed, Twitter, news, and stock widgets.

6. ShawnDroid

ShawnDroid Active Member

I have a touchscreen problem when I use Handcent. Often the screen doesn't respond when I try to enter in my text message. I have to keep hitting the button a bunch of times. Otherwise, I don't have any problems.

7. plainbrad

plainbrad Well-Known Member

menu -> settings -> Accounts & display

Turn off the syncing for things you do not sync or do not need synced up all the time. Or as advised turn off the autosync and only sync when you want to.

8. eye4863

Yeah I got the syncing thing under control and I think one of the apps I have downloaded is causing my touch screen to go haywire just got to figure out which one... Thanks for listening guys Greatly appreciated

9. marianna1220

marianna1220 New Member

My touch screen has been going wacky for the past three+ days. no idea why it is happening. master reset doesn't help.
    i touch icons but the notifications screen pulls halfway down.

i've also noticed that when i tap a certain text message, a completely different one opens that was way at the bottom of the list, for example. i hate this!

i've only had the mytouch slide since July so i don't understand what is going on or what to do.

10. pearljman

pearljman New Member

Mine does the same thing. It also just goes haywire. I can't end calls because the phone won't recognize the touchscreen, or I can't unlock it, just a bunch of random stuff. Went to tmobile and they made me do a reset. Still does it. Luckily I have the insurance so sight unseen they are sending me a new phone. Just call them, they can help get you a new phone, if you have the insurance. But since it's only been since July (I got mine in June), maybe it's under warranty.