Syncing Apps/Widgets

Last Updated:

1. Paralda

Paralda Active Member This Topic's Starter

Would it be possible to "sync" my apps so that they all connect to the internet at the same time to update, as opposed to each doing them at different times?

For instance, my k-9 mail checks for email every hour, but my News and Weather Widget checks every 30 minutes (I think), and my Beautiful Widgets Home Widget checks for weather every 2 hours. I fear that even if I set them all to 1 hour, they'd all be checking at one hour past the time I told them to check, which would still be different times. Is there any way to just sync all of my apps that automatically connect to the internet?

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Interesting question but to the best of my knowledge all those apps function independently so syncing them (without actually alter the applications) would be a near impossible task. Many programs that use the Internet to update have an "update now" function or at least update instantly at the time of configuration so if you do set them for say hourly updates would be correct when you leave the setup menu.

Just one other thought: some apps sync at startup. If you restart your phone the may all check at the same time if they are the type of app that runs at your phones startup.

3. Paralda

Paralda Active Member This Topic's Starter

I thought about that, and may try it.