Syncing calendar and contacts with ExchangeSupport

Last Updated:

1. no_username

no_username New Member This Topic's Starter

When I enter something in my outlook calendar or contacts it will sync with my phone (fascinate).

When I enter a calendar or contact on the phone it does not go to the computer.

Under setting and accounts and sync the exhange account is set and "sync is on"

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Kalnel

Kalnel Member

I had the same problem. I realized that you have to PICK the Exchange account each time you create a new Calendar or Contact entry in the native apps.

In Calendar> Tap to Create>Calendar>Pick the name of your Exchange account

In Contacts>Create a Contact>[Pop up menu that says "Save contact to"] Pick your Exchange account

By the way, if you're having any trouble figuring out which account is your Exchange (it's a little confusing),click on some calendar item that you know you created exclusively on Exchange. All the entries are color-coded by account, so if you see a purple-colored entry, you'll know to pick the purple account.

From what I can see, there's no way to make the Fascinate default to your Exchange account, even if you stop the other accounts from syncing and/or stop them from showing up in Calendar and Contacts.

3. no_username

no_username New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. I did figure this out and with this and the overall use of the phone I wasn't very happy. I have since switched to the Droid X and don't have to tell it anything. Everything syncs perfectly as the IPhone did and no issues. IMO the X is a much better phone.

Thanks again though!!!

4. Tooch01

Tooch01 Well-Known Member

Has anyone run into an issue where email and calendar sync fine however only some of your contacts sync? Not sure the rhyme or reason but only a fraction of my contacts came in.