Syncing calendar app that DOESN'T involve Google calendar?

1. pollypocket

pollypocket New Member

I've been using VueMinder on my laptop for a couple years and love it. There's not an android app and the only way to sync is with google calendar. Discretion is mandatory and I'm not happy with some of gc's privacy issues.

1: Is there a way to sync VueMinder without google calendar?

2: What is a good syncing calendar option that doesn't involve google calendar?

Advertisement
    :
  2. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Do you have Outlook on your PC? If so, the Vueminder site says it syncs with Outlook. Then use MyPhoneExplorer (app on phone - client on PC) to sync Outlook to your phone (via USB, wifi or Bluetooth).

First thoughts anyway ....

Dave
  3. koshki

koshki Well-Known Member

I've been happy with MOutlook/***********. Direct sync with Outlook, via USB or Wifi (I think bluettooth is coming). They've been very responsive to my requests and to help sort out a small problem.
  4. pollypocket

pollypocket New Member

I was hoping for something wireless/instant.
    Outlook would require me to connect everything for it to sync.
  5. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

As I said, MyPhoneExplorer can sync via wifi - which is how I use it. Obviously you have to be on the same wifi connection as your home pc but that shouldn't be an issue seen as how you don't trust cloud syncing (nor do I - which is why I went for MyPhoneExplorer).

Dave
  6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Yup, at this point your only option would be to sync VueMinder to Outlook then use MyPhoneExplorer or Companionlink, or whatever your phone manufacturer provides (if it has this option, I know Samsung has it).
  7. vuesoft

vuesoft New Member

Hi, this is Dan Chartrand - the developer of VueMinder. Currently, Outlook and Google Calendar are the two methods that can be used to sync VueMinder with Android.

The next version of VueMinder Ultimate will provide the ability to sync with Exchange Server. Android has built-in support for syncing with Exchange Server, so this would be another option.

You don't need to purchase or install Exchange Server yourself. You could get an Exchange Server account from Rackspace or another provider. The cost for hosting Exchange Server on Rackspace is $10 per month, per mailbox.

Like Google Calendar syncing, this approach would be wireless. You wouldn't need to sync with Outlook before syncing with Android or use any other 3rd party tools. It would work the same as syncing with Google Calendar, minus the "big brother wants to sell you some ads" aspect.

The next version of VueMinder will be released soon. Exchange syncing will be in the next 10.0 beta if you'd like an earlier look.