Syncing contact helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. HDMan72

HDMan72 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All my contacts are in my Gmail under contacts. I can not get my Evo to sync them though. I keep getting sync is not working, will return again. Sometimes the sync icon next to the checked box is froze. They were all in there before but I deleted people contacts from my phone. I wonder if this had something to do.

Advertisement
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Try rebooting your phone and trying the sync process again. If that don't work, maybe sign out and sign back into your account. I'm not sure if that'll work or not, but it seems worth a try. I hope you get it fixed.

3. shantytownbrown

shantytownbrown Well-Known Member

(hoping this isnt a hijack)

can you sync "phone" contacts to your "gmail"?
    I had entered all my contacts as "phone contacts" when i first got my EVO, then got a gmail account, and wanted to back up my contacts thru gmail and the net...

the only "work around" I found was to export "phone contacts" to my SD then import them as "gmail" contacts, then "link" the two together...

Is there an easier way?

maybe this would be a solution for the OP???

4. HDMan72

HDMan72 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I entered my contacts manually and listed them as Google. I than exported them to the SD card and imorted through my GMail account. I'll see if this does anything.