Syncing contacts and calendar from Treo650 to G1?Support

Last Updated:

1. Paranoid

Paranoid Member This Topic's Starter

How would I be able to sync my contacts from the treo to the g1? I have a feeling its potentially not possible, and manual transfer is prohibitively time consuming... also I'm posting from the new G1. Faaaaannnncy.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

I would think you have some method of exporting the contacts in your treo to x.csv type file ... Then using gmail on you computer import contacts and use that file as the source of the import ... Now power up the G1 goto to setting and data sync and sync your contacts ... this is one of the nice features of gmail and the G1 ... you can even auto-sync if you want ... or only sync when you want to ..
    Hope that helps ..

3. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

In the palm desktop File>export save the file to your drive somewhere then go to your Gmail account and look for the import link on the right. It will copy the business names as a note in the phone so all of your business numbers will show up as phone numbers on the phone and you have to manualy edit them and it will lose some of your contacts details. Like some of mine it deleted the name, or the email, or address. But it beats typing them all in. I had to correct about 15 numbers once they were in gmail contacts. Wish you luck man.:)

.csv is what I used I think.

4. Paranoid

Paranoid Member This Topic's Starter

Turns out I had to do it manually, I had organizations for a few people that conflicted with gmail.. and I kept crashing the phone.

5. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

Ahh that is why my G1 was crashing. It started after I added some contacts and I couldn't figure out why. I reset the phone and added all my contacts manually but didn't think about the field associations.

6. paso

paso New Member

If you are switching from Tre0 to G1 there is one application you shouldn't miss: StarContacts. Finding a contact on the G1 can bee a pain in the a.., but StarContacts makes is (almost) as easy as on a Treo. Try it!