syncing contacts from android TO gmail

1. slballard

slballard Active Member

I want to send my contacts from my phone to the computer... how can I do that? All of the steps needed would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

It should be as simple as ensuring that sync is set-up in Settings.
  3. bucketheadmn

bucketheadmn Well-Known Member

you need to ensure that the contacts are set up as Google contacts and not phone contacts...if you have them set up as Google contacts they will sync with your Google account
  4. ShaMagus

ShaMagus Member

Ive got contacts on my droid under the google account. Ive merged some of the contacts to their facebook account. That means a lot has their email on my phone. I want to sync with gmail. When im syncing on the phone, my whole contact list gets messed up. Duplicates are showing, i loose pictures etc. And when i go to gmail on my ipad to see if the contacts are there, when creating a new mail and pressing the + button to add contacts, no one is there.
    Help and advice appreciated!
  5. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I believe there is an option in GMail to remove duplicate entries in your contact list. Try looking around for that option after logging into GMail on your computer.

Syncing your contacts with Facebook can sometimes cause issues. You could also try clearing the cache and data in the Facebook app.