Syncing contacts from phone to gmail.

Last Updated:

1. Gash

Gash Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Right this might be a completely ******** question but i'm going to ask it anyway coz i don't want to lose information that will take me ages to gather again.

When i was first putting contacts into my phone a month ago ( :eek: how time flies) i kept losing the information i had put in because my gmail account was empty and when it was syncing with the phone it wiped what i had added to the phone.

I disabled the contact syncing and carried on filling my people section up on my phone. Now, how do i get the contacts on my phone into my gmail account on the pc? :eek:

I don't want to just enable syncing again incase it wipes all the contacts i've put into the phone! :eek: :D

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Make sure they are google contacts and start syncing.

Just as a safety measure, export them to the SD card before you turn back on contact sync. Then if they do get lost, you can put them back.

Gash likes this.
  3. Gash

Gash Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nice one thanks for your help, checked they were all google, went for it and it's worked out well. When i did it originally they must have been phone or sim contacts. Cheers.

4. madnlooney

madnlooney Well-Known Member

you can export the contacts to Vcard on your SD card then take that file off your phone to pc and import it to your empty gmail contacts. Then they will be both the same so when you sync there wont be any deleted contacts.

i had to do this to get all my phone memory contacts to my gmail so i could pair up with FB contacts etc

5. lowdown

lowdown New Member

How do you export them to the SD Card -- I can't find a setting or menu that will lead me to do that. I have an HTC Hero and had the same issue