Syncing contacts with FacebookSupport

1. lextehrex

lextehrex New Member

Hi all.

I've searched and searched but nothing I found seems to work. All I want to do is to load up my contact list from Google, then be able to link some of those contact to their FB profile, in order to add a picture of them. Simple, no?

Every time I try to sync my Facebook contacts to existing phone contacts, it syncs all my Facebook friends. I don't want a contact for a bar I like on FB! I just want to be able to link certain contacts to their FB profile. I've tried deleting the FB account from the phone and trying again, but it always syncs all of my FB contacts, which isn't what I want.

Is there a way to make this happen, or should I just forget about it and not sync anything with FB?

Thanks in advance for any help given!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

Are you in the actual app? That's what I did. Sync only contacts with information in your phone, or whatever the option says.

Then go to People and change to settings to phone and google, and it SHOULD work. You might need to check the "Facebook" option there, as well. Mine didn't need that, but maybe you should try that as well?

Also, did you have all contacts synch'd previously? If so, go to menu > settings > accounts and sync > choose facebook and sync now.