Syncing contacts with Gmail - missing birthday fieldSupport

Last Updated:

1. joemonkey

joemonkey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have the birthday field for some contacts in Gmail, upon syncing to X10, that field does not come over. in fact, pressing Add field in X10 does not even give me the birthday field.

is there a way to add the birthday field??

Advertisement
  2. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

Yes . . . . sort of!

Instead of setting it up as a Birthday, use the 'Dates' section underneath the Birthday and set it as an Anniversary, then it will sync to your phone.

It won't show under your contact, but it will come into the calendar

3. joemonkey

that seems to work, thank you. on the other note, the default calendar (in the month view) it only displays the current month and it does not allow me to advance to prior or future months.

i also installed calendar pad pro which also does not let me view other months (in the month window).

is this normal or am i missing something as i have tried all three buttons while in the month window but nothing works. are there other free calendar apps out there to do this simple function??

4. Madmax56

Madmax56 Well-Known Member

in the default calendar month view if you swipe your finger up / down on the screen it will go to the next / previous month.

Cheers :)

Bexy likes this.
  5. joemonkey

Wow, thank you for your help. i was swiping it horizontally (left <-> right). didn't think of doing it up/down.