• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syncing Desire with Linux

Hi, My Desire is in the post - hopefully not stuck somewhere waiting for the ash cloud to clear. If it is, I'm going to have to block the volcano myself.

Anyway, I gave up the addiction to Windows over 10 years ago and am running various forms of Linux, mostly Ubuntu.

Can anyone recommend sync software for Ubuntu, pictures, music, calendar, contacts?

Thanks,
Tim

I run Linux Mint 8 Gnome (based off Ubuntu) and I connected my phone via the mini USB cable to the computer and Linux Mint recognised it straight away so that I could use the SD Card as a mounted drive without taking it out of the phone, worked perfectly.

I use Thunderbird (Lightning) for my calendar and I haven't tried syncing (as such) with my phone.

How do you sync (as such), I just use the SD Card as a mounted drive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones