Syncing facebook profiles to individual contacts

Last Updated:

1. yufice

yufice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 13, 2010
    I searched around and couldn't find any answers, and all the threads for moto droid were ages old. I'm rooted and running a sapphire rom but that's not important. I can run anything. I'm just looking for a way to individually sync facebook contacts to existing phone contacts. I dont need all 1000 of my fb friends on my phone. But the contacts I DO have on my phone, it'd be cool to have synced up to fb. Is there any way to avoid the "all or nothing" mentality of fb sync?

2. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    the only way i know of doing it is to have the persons actual name in your nicknames. then go to the FB app, sync and choose sync with exhisting contacts. once this is done, everyone should be linked. if you want nicknames to show, make a blank contact with that nickname, edit contact, menu>link and choose that persons real contact name. this will show only the nickname but will give you the FB account to that person. if someone knows of an easier way, i would LOVE to know.

syncmypix can do this, but i think it only syncs the pic and not the account.
  3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Have FB sync only existing contacts, it will create some duplicates. They are easy to fix though...
    Go to the contact you want to edit (not the FB one, yours that you added) then: menu, edit contact, menu, join. That should bring up a list of contacts, choose the FB contact and it will merge done.
    That's the easiest way to do it and the names don't have to match.
    yufice likes this.