• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syncing Files with Android - Drive

It is not exactly syncing but I use ASUS File Manager to move stuff from my phone direct to my PC or laptop via WiFi.

For me, it is so much easier because I can immediately select the target folder for that file/pix/document.... whatever it might be. And I do it "right now" at the time I am thinking of what those files are for.

* File Manager ASUS - Android Apps on Google Play

Reactions: Bg260
Upvote 0
Have you tried Sync?

just now reading up on that app, and I am going to have to give that a real whirl....

EDIT: this is something I have been needing for a very long time.
Thanks for the tip on this.... now I can sync my Linux laptop, to my PC, to my cellphone.

that is, as soon as I get it all figured out.... but I'm getting there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bg260
Upvote 0
I have absolutely no idea why my Note 5 Literally wont do anything when I plug it into my Laptop to sync or back it up.. Its running Windows 8.. Is there a trick I'm missing.. this is driving me insane...
Sounds like a driver issue. Post a question online in Android Questions. I'll look for it.

Reactions: alkhalaqy20112
Upvote 0
Thought you were zzzzz:D

when you get to 73 y/o, you sleep in spurts.... 2 or 3 hours and "eyes open", then you get sleepy eyes again and drop your Kindle in your lap again.... happens to me everyday.....

as an aside, I have a "Sleep Study" scheduled tonight at the hospital, to see if I have "apnea" and need a 'cpap' machine.... I wake up tired and have dropped off asleep while driving the car or riding my motorcycle....
not a fun thing to hear the Tires rumbling on the rumble strips and realize that "HEY!!! asshole, you just went to sleep ijit!!!"

Upvote 0
لا يمكن المزامه تلقائيا ولاكن يمكنك تحميل ما تريد من داخل التطبيق ومزامنته للكمبيوتر
Could not be automatically sync but you can load what it wants from within the application is connected and synchronized to your computer

Thanks, still not quite what I'm looking for though. Folder sync seems to be OK.

Reactions: alkhalaqy20112
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones