• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syncing Gmail on Desire

lulaura

Lurker
May 6, 2010
Hi

This is probably a very dumb question, but can someone please explain how the gmail sync is supposed to work?

Under gmail > settings > labels I have the following set up
"number of days to sync" 2 days
"inbox" sync 2 days
"sent" sync 2 days

My interpretation of those settings was that when I was looking at my sent mail on my desire, only the emails sent in the past two days would be shown.

Instead, when I scroll down through the emails, all my sent email conversations keep loading. The more I scroll, the more conversations load (currently the last months worth).

Can anyone help with how to get the phone to stop doing this? I don't want it to load up my entire sent mail history, I only want to see the emails I sent in the past two days.

It seems like a bug (not a feature) that the phone isn't showing only the last two days of email to me, but perhaps I am misinterpreting how this should work.

Please can someone tell me how to set the phone up so that I see only the last 2 days worth of sent mail when I look at that label?

Any help welcome!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones