syncing google calendar, recurring event for last weekday of monthSupport

Last Updated:

1. the block

the block Active Member This Topic's Starter

I use my exchange calendar at work, and have Google Calendar Sync installed on my work desktop that does 2 way sync every 60 minutes between my Exchange calendar and my personal Google calendar, which is what I use on my phone and in my personal life.

I have a recurring event that Google Calendar just can't seem to handle. In exchange, it occurs on the last weekday of the month. Not day, not weekend day, but weekday, M-F. Because of this, the numerical date it occurs on changes from month to month, and I think this confuses the hell out of Google Calendar. When I put the event in my exchange calendar, and it syncs to Google, the first month is good, and then after that, it occurs every single day afterward, so I deal with it alerting me every day at the same time that it's time for my event. It is incredibly annoying.

Is there anyway to fix this? I know someone is going to say to use the corporate calendar as well, but I tried for a good week to get exchange sync to work on my droid and I just couldn't get it, so I said **** it. I kind of like not having work email on my phone now anyways since I now just turn work off in my head when I leave the building.

thanks for any advice :cool:

Advertisement
  2. aellis1

aellis1 New Member

I've got the same problem with an event that falls on the last day of every month. Payday. And while it's kinda cool that suddenly every day is pay day, it's also very annoying constantly getting a reminder for an upcoming event that isn't really upcoming.

3. muqim

muqim New Member

I also faced same problem, I need to setup last weekday of each month