1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Syncing Google Task with phone

Last Updated:

1. MsL

MsL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Good morning,

I am a new andriod user ( mytouch slide) and I downloaded Jorte because I read that it will not only sync with google calendar but also google taks. The calendar is syncing just fine but the taks are not syncing.

What do i need to do.

Thank you very much,

Raquel

Advertisement
  2. Jethro10

Jethro10 Well-Known Member

Obviously not solving your Jorte problem directly, but i use Gtasks quite successfully for syncing tasks, and it has a sync option.

Jeff

3. MsL

Thanks looking into that right now.

4. FletchF

FletchF Member

Note that there are (at least) 2 apps called gtasks, and even more called gtask. I am very happy with the Gtasks by Dato.

5. regression

regression Well-Known Member

Another vote for Gtasks by Dato. I used to use the other one but prefer Dato's.

6. MsL

Yes that is the one I downloaded. So far so good.

thanks for the suggestion

7. FoxtrotUniform

FoxtrotUniform Well-Known Member

Also, to sync Google tasks in Jorte you have to hit the menu key and tap Sync. They're working on auto-sync for the next version.

wtherrell likes this.
  8. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

Thanks, been looking for that manual sync key all day! Don't know how I missed it. 'course it took me 20 minutes to find my glasses this morning.
    Anyway it works. Tasks show up in google calendar and then in Outlook via gsync. I noticed the tasks also show up in gtasks once they are in google calendar. I really like the look and UI of gtasks and it's much simpler to use than Checkmark. Checkmark does way more than just to do list. I use it now as the closest thing I can find to the excellent ListPro I had used for years on my other PDA's.

9. terrys

terrys New Member

My version of Jorte (1.2.5) doesn't have a sync option when I press menu, any suggestions? Thanks.

10. TheBootyBandit

TheBootyBandit New Member

Same here. I had the same issue, you have to use google calendar on your phone vs Jorte. Select your cal widget, select calendar, it tells you Jorte is for local mode only, Google is for syncing. I did that, opened my task and memo widget, sync....presto. You might also be able to go calendar, data import/export, copy data from Google to Jorte....I tried the former first.

I'm not too happy that there is not a priority function for tasks, but then I find many apps lacking common sense and easy to program things.

Droid X