Syncing issues after factory resetGeneral

Last Updated:

1. cth95mustang

cth95mustang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I backed up my info and did a factory reset, because I believe it's probably a good idea.

Now for some reason, it will not sync right with facebook. None of my contacts pictures are showing. Also, when I go into 'people', and go to the option that allows you to pick who you want to show, (google, facebook, phone, etc...) it shows my facebook contacts as being 0.

Anyone know how to get it to sync back properly? I went straight to the sync accounts setting and synced facebook, google, and the weather right from the beginning. But no luck.

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

I read this in an earlier post, I can't vouch for its effectiveness, as I do not use Facebook. (GASP! ... I know). Hope it helps out.

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The Android official Facebook app was having issues yesterday. Perhaps the built-in HTC Sense app is also having issues?

4. cth95mustang

Well, i did another factory reset, and it seems to have fixed the issue. Maybe it's because, this time I didn't import all of the data that I backed up with mybackup pro. I'm not sure.

And I just reinstalled the apps this time, instead of going to mybackup pro. It made me check the 'unknown source' thing last time in order to re-install the apps I had backed up. I guess because it wasn't re-installing directly from the android market.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Good to see that you resolved that, cth95mustang.

Also, thanks for posting details about that for us all to learn from.

6. cmatthaios

cmatthaios Well-Known Member

yeah thats exactly what I did, and really makes the phone what it should be on 2.1, dont you agree?

7. cth95mustang

yes, definitely