Syncing iTunes with HTC EVO 4G LTE; haven't found a working program.

1. jordanalexa

jordanalexa New Member

Hi everybody. This may sound a little complicated but bear with me...

I got a new cell phone last June, a Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE. I have a Mac, I use iTunes, and I've always used iPods to store my music but I figure since I have this phone I would start using it as my new music player instead.

Now, I've tried a few different applications and none of them work with my phone.

DoubleTwist unfortunately does not work because it says I should have the option to "mount" my phone with the computer via USB. I have the USB cord, that's not the problem -- the problem is that there is no "mount" option for me.

Screenshot of doubletwist telling me to "mount": [​IMG]

Here's the options my phone offers when I plug in a USB:

[​IMG]

As you can see, there is no "mount" option. I've searched everywhere in my settings and whatnot but there just isn't one.

So, when I plug in my USB, I try all of the options my phone offers (shown above), with hopes that my phone shows up as a device on iTunes, but it does not. I'm currently using something called Android File Transfer, which is difficult to deal with since it takes about ten minutes to import my music... it doesn't sync new songs, so instead I need to drag my music from iTunes to the Music folder on my laptop under the AFT app. Here's what it looks like:

Screenshot: [​IMG]

I figure there's got to be an easier way to transfer my music from iTunes onto my phone without the "mount" option. I don't know why this phone doesn't have the option, and the previous model of the HTC EVO 4G did, but that's what I have to deal with. Simply plugging my phone in via USB does nothing unless I drag all my music to the "Android File Transfer" window, into the "Music" folder (which I highlighted in my screenshot).

I'm sorry this is so long and descriptive, I just haven't been able to find anybody else having the same issues as I am. I feel that it's a simple thing, owning a Mac and an Android phone, but I've come to no conclusions. Many apps I've come across are for PC users so I feel that makes it all the more complicated.

If anybody knows of a simple way to transfer my music, since I can't use DoubleTwist because it requires the "mount" option which I do not have, PLEASE help me! I just want my music on my phone.

Advertisement
  2. C_Y0UNG

C_Y0UNG New Member

I have the same issue. I have tried it on my iMac and my Macbook Pro. My note 2 wont sync with either.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

jordanalexa, want this moved to the Evo forum, you might get a better response there. :)

Like wise, C_Y0UNG, you might find a solution in the Note 2 section.