Sync'ing music to my IncredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. brodymon

brodymon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have DoubleTwist to pull my music from my ITunes library to the Droid Incredible but it DOES NOT PULL the Album Artwork. Does anybody have any suggestions to pull the artwork over to my Incredible?

What apps are you using to catalog your music files?

Please help

Advertisement
  2. Tomoko

Tomoko Well-Known Member

No apps for sync, drag and drop for me. I don't trust software managing my files. You may have to insert it manually :(

3. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I just downloaded Isyncr, I use to use DoubleTwist but always had problems with it. Always was a fan of how Itunes worked so I'm going to give this a shot and see how it goes. It was only $2 and had great reviews

4. NYC Coyote

NYC Coyote Well-Known Member

If you added your art from iTunes.... iTunes doesn't actually add the art to the mp3 files themselves (or any other type of music file). What it does is have a separate directory of album art and then uses an xml file to link your music to the directory of music (which is why when doubletwist syncs the music...the art is left behind).

If you music collection has the album artwork included within the mp3 itself...it will transfer.

If you use a program such as Tag&Rename (assuming you are on a windows machine) you can scan your whole music directory and see what artwork is missing. It can download the missing artwork from the web for you if you want.

kwest12 likes this.
  5. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

You can also download album art grabber it's a fantastic application

kwest12 likes this.
  6. jpr18

jpr18 Well-Known Member

I'm using double twist, its far from perfect but gets the job done. It couldn't play songs from a few cds I had, but non protected music works ok, with album art. I was even able to get movies and videos on there.(they play thru the camera app)

7. NYC Coyote

Will DoubleTwist downsample the music as well? I would love to have something to sync the music and playlists BUT also downgrade the quality. It will kill a 16gb card (which I'm about to buy online tonight) in no time

8. wrtgirl

wrtgirl New Member

I swear by Salling Software's Media Sync (Salling Software - Home). It's available for Mac and PC. It pulled over all my album art, playlists, and so on. I used the free version for my Droid but I've been using it so much (and now with the Incredible) that I opted for the paid version the other night. The developer deserves it and it speeds up the sync.

9. NYC Coyote

Will any of these downgrade the bitrate while syncing? I am currently downgrading my collection of what I would like on thee phone from 320kb/s.

Then adding manually.

Then exciting the iTunes playlists as m3u files.

Then editing those in Wordpad to replace the whole "c: whatever" with nothing... So the phone can find the music.

A program that can downsample while syncing would save my life! ! !

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

10. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

I use mp3tag on my PC to get all the album art and everything. The reason I like the program is is searches Amazon for the right information and fills out the song, artist, album, album art, etc... automatically. Also, it embeds the information in the tags so it is all in the mp3 file itself. Then when you drag and drop music files, the information goes along with it too.

Mp3tag v2.46a - the universal Tag Editor and more

kwest12 likes this.
  11. brodymon

brodymon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

after much research I downloaded Isyncr and ended up buying the full version because it works so well. I uninstalled Double Twist and now will use Isyncr. The app is simple and WORKS! For the $2.99 it saves me valuable time and frustration...I love the app and reccommend it to anyone looking for a good solution.

12. Tony Touch

Tony Touch Well-Known Member

Had problems downloading DoubleTwist so I checked out ISyncr- great app! I had my entire collection on the Incredible in 20 minutes. Very easy.

13. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

I might just have to checkout that isyncr app, i have been using doubletwist but noticed it messed up and fragmented my albums, so i haven't really used it since. But i may give that app you mention a try, it can't hurt and i can always get a refund if i don't like it.

+1 Album Art Grabber, amazing app, has saved me hours of time trying to find album art, retagging and etc.

14. Incredulous

Incredulous Member

I also wholeheartedly recommend iSyncr. It was easy to use. Paying $2.99 to be able to carry one less device around, even one as small and cool as an iPod, was totally worth it. The only bummer is that my SD Card couldn't fit all of my music. I think it's a 4 GB card. I guess I'll be looking for a bigger card.

15. disciplined

disciplined Active Member

Have you actually tried album art grabber on the Incredible? I tried it a few weeks back and all I get is a black screen. Even the market page says that the incredible is not supported.

Yet at least two of you have recommended it...

16. mz_

mz_ Member

Two things I use.

TuneSync (Love the fact you can sync over WiFi)
    bTunes

17. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

A few questions: when you transfer music to the Incredible, where does it give you the option to save it to your SD card? It will be my first time transferring and want to make sure it's a clear option to save it to my card. Also, how much does listening to music drain your battery? Is it like GPS where it's a battery hog?

Thanks! :)

18. Mr.Slave

Mr.Slave Well-Known Member

Use MediaMonkey. I made a post about it earlier today.

19. stevegrady

stevegrady Member

I have Isyncr and the program works great with the exception of no album artwrok and my playlist is not listed...the songs are there but no playlist.

20. 310toLeft

310toLeft Active Member

iSyncr fixed it so that it DOES sync the album art with your iTunes music, not sure what you're talking about stevegrady.

For those that have used TuneSync, does it sync over the album cover art like iSyncr does with iTunes? Or do the covers needed to be embedded in the mp3 file for it to carry over?

21. mikehippe

mikehippe Member

+1 on MediaMonkey. It saves album art to the tag, you can set it to convert large MP3's to a smaller size, tell it how how and where to sync, it is the best.

22. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

Just use Subsonic. You don't even need to put the music on the phone.

23. Randino

Randino Well-Known Member

I use and recommend 3 or cubed it's hard to find in the market but it is an awesome music app, it finds the artwork for you and the display for the files is great. Here is a link to it...

24. Incredibleguy

Incredibleguy Well-Known Member

I am trying out MixZing and so far, it is working well. One thing I've learned. I am burning a CD from my Mac, importing it into my itunes on my PC, and loading them onto my Incredible that way. It would not pull the info at first. I then renamed all the tracks using 'info' and loaded them up with the information I put into the tracks. MixZing was then able to find the album art for most of the songs.

25. Wordslinger

Wordslinger Well-Known Member

I'm using iSyncr for Mac and bTunes. I like bTunes but it doesn't shuffle songs well as my iPod Touch. iSyncr worked great except that a decent portion of my album artwork is missing (as other people have stated). I also found that a bunch the artwork that did transfer is wrong.