Syncing MusicSupport

Last Updated:

1. fireman

fireman New Member This Topic's Starter

I know that this has already come up but I am new to the forum and I just bought my captivate. I had problems with my PC (Vista) recognizing the phone but now it seems to be working but I don't know if I should just drag and drop my music files to the droid or if I need to use a program to sync it. I have media money but it doesn't seem to be syncing up with my phone. I also would like to know if there is an app that would work better then the AT&T music player which I have read sucks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

I prefer just moving the files, however if you want an "iTunes" like sync, use double twist; free media sync app. As for other music apps, there are many, I don;t have a fav sorry

3. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

if your using headphones try hitting the 5.1 button, I don't want to use another music app, because they don't have this feature. I use mixzing when not using headphones though

4. ph03nix42

ph03nix42 Member

DoubleTwist is my Fav.... runs well even with Windows 7 (64 bit).

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

You don't need a program to sync your media, unless you're stuck in the Apple idea on how you should manage your media and device. I find the "just copy the files" method to be more intuitive, easier and less problematic. However, there are other apps out there that recreate the "sync" experience, but they aren't the natural Android way of doing things. Android believes that managing the files on your device should be no harder nor any different than managing thee files on your computer, and so lets you do exactly that.