>>> Syncing my contacts <<<Support

Last Updated:

1. cvein

cvein Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my new phone and linked my AOL email accounts to the phone...no matter what i do and no matter how much i delete the email that it picks up it still reappears in the email box over and over again...

yes i do get my new emails..but after i try to clear it all out it just pops back up again and again...i even went online and cleared everything out...still does it...

Any help would be great.

thanks

Chris

Advertisement
  2. cvein

So i got my new android epic today at sprint...they transferred all my numbers at the store...when i got home i was shocked to see there was no cd rom that came with the phone...never had a gmail account before so i created one and then logged on to the phones gmail and linked the two together...my problem is that i cannot figure out how to link it to my google account...everyone says it does it on its own but mine has not...dont know if its because i had the numbers in the phone first or what?

Also is there any other way to back up my numbers without using google...any other programs out there?

thanks

Chris

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Didn't the representative at Sprint set up the phone before giving it to you?

I'd have thought that they'd have added your primary email account during that setup. According to the last Verizon rep I talked to, supposedly Google requires that they do they before the handset leaves the store (of course that could be propoganda).

4. cvein

Well first off i have sprint...

when i left the store they transferred all my numbers from my old phone to my new one and at this point I had no gmail account...

then I went home and created it...and then synced the phone to my new gmail address..

Chris

5. Loonytunes

Loonytunes Well-Known Member

Go into accounts and sync by clicking (from the home screen) Menu, settings, accounts and sync. Then click on your google account. Make sure the check box by sync contacts is checked.. It should back up all your contacts to your google account. Make sure you click sync now. You can backup all your data, photo's, and contacts using lookout security. In the market.. Free.

6. cvein

Well I did try that and still nothing....dont get it!

everything you said is done...but when i log on to google mail on my computer and go to contacts there is nothing there...

chris

7. sloheim

sloheim Well-Known Member

Are you trying to get your AOL contacts loaded into your GMAIL account?

If so, there's no way (that I know of) to do it automatically. Your phone will keep all your "sources" separate. You can look at a contact on your phone, and see each of your info in one contact (IE, if you have contact Joe Smith in Gmail and Joe Smith in AOL, you will see one Joe Smith on your phone, with all of your Gmail and AOL info merged into one contact). But it will not copy your Gmail data into your AOL contact or vice versa.

Not sure thats the best explanation, but hopefully it makes sense?

8. etaye1

etaye1 New Member

=============================================
    You can select applications/settings/Accounts & Sync and then select your Gmail account. This will bring you to Data & Synchronization. Here you can choose to select which options you would like to Sync. ======================================================