• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syncing my htc hero with my Mac

Just got my new HTC Hero and love it but...after using an iphone for years and being used to the way It all synced up nicely with the mac, im having problems syncing the hero with my mac in the same way, the one function that i really need to sync is ical as i use it on very regular basis and make a lot of appointments on my phone, I live in the yorkshire dales so dont always have an internet connection, i dont use google calander as I want to keep everything in one place, i know you can export google cal to ical but not the other way round which is what I want as I like the way ical works. Anybody got any ideas without having to spend $40 on a syncing program like missingsync or whatever?

Just got my new HTC Hero and love it but...after using an iphone for years and being used to the way It all synced up nicely with the mac, im having problems syncing the hero with my mac in the same way, the one function that i really need to sync is ical as i use it on very regular basis and make a lot of appointments on my phone, I live in the yorkshire dales so dont always have an internet connection, i dont use google calander as I want to keep everything in one place, i know you can export google cal to ical but not the other way round which is what I want as I like the way ical works. Anybody got any ideas without having to spend $40 on a syncing program like missingsync or whatever?

You can sync Google Calendar and iCal - no missingsync needed.

Get Started with CalDAV - Google Calendar Help

Event are synced both ways, and if you then use your google account on your Hero, the three will be in sync.

Reactions: marcusswainston
Upvote 0
am I missing something because i had to manualy import all my dates etc from ical into google calander by exporting /saving from ical then importing into googlecal, dont want to have to do this everytime, i think snowleopards version of ical is two way connection but im only running leopard and after reading other posts it seems it only syncs one way which isnt really any use. if im wrong please let me know how and why!

Upvote 0
am I missing something because i had to manualy import all my dates etc from ical into google calander by exporting /saving from ical then importing into googlecal, dont want to have to do this everytime, i think snowleopards version of ical is two way connection but im only running leopard and after reading other posts it seems it only syncs one way which isnt really any use. if im wrong please let me know how and why!

Sorry just realized all your data is in iCal and you want it in Google Calendar. I'm not sure if there's an easy way to import everything from iCal to Google. I started with everything in google and wanted to link it to iCal.

My best suggestion would be to set up the calendars you want in google, link them to your iCal, then copy all the events from your existing iCal calendars to the new linked ones. I'm not 100% sure that will be easy/work, but I got to imagine it's quicker than manually typing them all into google.

If not, there must be another way and I'm sure someone can help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones