Syncing Note with Windows XP?Support

Last Updated:

1. jkncates

jkncates Member

First off, yes I still have a Windows XP laptop. It's a work laptop and we use a lot of legacy software that's not compatible with Vista or 7. I don't wanna spend any money on a laptop when work provides one ya know?

I can't get my phone to connect to the PC period. It tries to add the device but seems like it can't find a driver. I downloaded the software for it (Samsung PC Studio 3) off of Samsung's website that claimed to have a Galaxy Note driver in it. It still won't recognize the device.

Basically all I really want is to put my music on the phone. It'd be nice to be able to access pics and docs off of it but I'll live without it. But I travel A LOT for a living and need music stored locally on the phone since sometimes networks aren't available.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Well-Known Member

I have two PCs with Windows XP. Both are fully updated to SP3 and both work fine when connecting my Note. In both cases I did not need to install any software or drivers.

That being said, I have had problems connecting the Note to some of my customers computers so it could be that something was installed (or not) which prevented the connection. I suspect that you may need to upgrade to the latest media player. In this case I switched over from MTP to standard USB which worked in all but one case. To do this switch, go to settings then wireless and network -> usb utilities -> connect storage to pc. Note: do this first and then connect the cable! This worked for me in all but one case.

Hope this helps...

Eric Ritchie.
    jkncates likes this.
  3. jkncates

jkncates Member

This worked well enough for me. I'm completely fine with copying and pasting the files myself.

Thanks for the help!