• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nayan504

Jun 6, 2012
Hey Guys,

I cannot sync this phone to my mac computer. It doesn't even show up as a drive that I can open.

I tried DoubleTwist, Android File Transfer and Kies (which sucks cuz it used 98% of my macbooks cpu).

Any good programs or suggestions on whats wrong?

Thanks

Hey Guys,

I cannot sync this phone to my mac computer. It doesn't even show up as a drive that I can open.

I tried DoubleTwist, Android File Transfer and Kies (which sucks cuz it used 98% of my macbooks cpu).

Thanks

Samsung phones and Macs don't really get along well. VM Fusion and Parallels don't even work right. The second I went over to my windows pc to load odin and roms, no problem.

I did get iSync to work on my Mac though, with my S3. Kies never worked with my S2 or now my S3.

Best bet is to use a PC.

Upvote 0
I used Double Twist ok, but found that it did not connect reliably all the time via wifi. You could use a card reader and use Double Twist for an external Micro SD card.

But I did find that iSyncr Wifi works consistently. Using the Wifi aspect allows you to skip the connection via USB (which on mac is spotty). But then you have to buy 2 programs, iSyncr and iSyncr Wifi I believe.

Hope that helps.
Ken

Upvote 0
I was trying all of the 3rd party "solutions" with no luck as well, I simply went to android.com/filetransfer and downloaded the mac software. Then on the s3 pull down the notification bar and select camera, media wasn't working for me. Then I just dumped my iTunes music folder into the S3's music folder and it worked perfectly with all artists and albums intact

Upvote 0
You need the Android file transfer app located at android.com/filetransfer. Its not great and won't let you drag and drop between the internal memory and the microSD card without moving the files to your desktop or other folder first. But I haven't seen anything else better for us Mac users for now. Double twist won't work because it doesn't recognize the volume, even after you run the file transfer program.

Any others out there who can tell us what the best program to use for syncing iTunes playlist?

Upvote 0
Hey Guys,

Thanks

Hi, try our SyncMate, it syncs Android phones and Mac and offers free edition for testing. Good luck:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones