1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Syncing Touchdown, Phone, Google & Facebook contacts

1. andycahn

andycahn New Member

I use a droid 2.2 with Touchdown for email from my own exchange server. My phone seems to now have four separate lists of contacts - phone, Google, Facebook and Touchdown that are not entirely in sync with each other. How do I set this up so that if one contact is entered in one place its available in all four?

Current issues include the following:

* Phone contacts cannot be found with the main contact search, only by searching through the phone contact tab, even though the contacts say they're also linked to google.

* I can't get the main contact list to show up in touchdown, or to send emails to stored people by typing their names. (Though if I find a contact and click email, it does send the note from Touchdown).

* If I create a Contact group, I click to email to that group, it lets me create the message in Touchdown, but message can't be sent.

Thanks,

Andy Cahn

Advertisement
  2. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

Andy, have you played around with Sync Groups or Display Groups yet? That might have something to do with it. As for what's available where, I've found that after I sort out my contacts it does help to tell the phone to sync nothing so that it empties your phonebook, then go back and tell it to sync what you want. After it's done the result is usually cleaner.

Have you used gmail from a computer to clean up your contacts? I do most of my contact-entry and management from the computer and then just let gmail sync it back down to my phone.

How do you like Touchdown, btw? I also work for a startup and connect my phone to exchange as well as gmail, and it would be nice to have more complete integration.