• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syncing two google calendars

I have the same situation, some not all of my calender entries I also want to be on my wife's calender. If you enter the info from your computer into your google calender there is a option to add a guest. Click on the time spot, hit edit event details enter in the info and over to the right is a box "add guests" enter the email address and it will be added to the other calender. There may be an easier way but this is how I do it. If someone knows how to do this from your phone I would love to know how, actually never really tried it.

Upvote 0
You can share a calendar with someone else. If you go to the settings page (on the Google calendar site, not on your phone), in the row for your calendar you should see a link to "share this calendar". Plug in the sharee's gmail address and choose the level of access you want to give them, and then they can see your calendar in theirs (it may actually send them an email verification link first, I don't remember); they can assign it a different color or whatever, and turn it on and off as they wish (just like everyone can with their own calendar or the extras that Google provides).

I did this a couple of times: I created a separate gmail account for my softball team and shared it with everyone on the team, giving my own gmail address full control over it so I could change it from my own gmail login. I also am an assistant high school debate coach so I created a subcalendar under my gmail account and shared it (read-only) to my girlfriend so she isn't constantly asking me "do you have debate stuff this weekend?".

After setting up the sharing stuff it will take a little while to percolate over to your phone(s); you might be able to force a Google account refresh to speed up the process. Since every calendar app/widget seems to be different, I don't know what to tell you specifically, but you're looking for a "calendars" menu item or screen. You should always be able to see your own calendar as an option to view and/or sync, and once the share settings have been refreshed you should be able to see the other shared calendars.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones